About the 2 Nice Ladies
We are Michelle and Roberta, long-time intown Atlanta residents and active community members. We buy, clean up, renovate, and sell properties with an emphasis on creating environments where families can grow and thrive. Together, we have more than 30 years of experience renovating houses in the city of Atlanta, DeKalb County, and North Georgia. We love our city and the surrounding area, and want to do what we can to strengthen and empower struggling neighborhoods, while supporting those that are already thriving.
Michelle Bernhart grew up accompanying her real estate agent grandmother to property visits, client meetings, and construction sites. She developed an early appreciation for land, houses, and especially for the hardworking people who turn neighborhoods into communities where dreams come true. She has a special love for intown Atlanta’s 1920s bungalows and has renovated—and raised her two kids in—three of them over the past 25 years. Today, she lives in a 1928 house in Southeast Atlanta that she is slowly restoring.
Roberta Markevitch hails from Augusta, but has called Atlanta home for many years. She was raised by her big-hearted, no-nonsense nana and to this day has a giant soft spot for grandparents—anyone’s grandparents. This is a rare quality in real estate, where too many investors look for ways to swindle senior citizens. Roberta is committed to paying fair prices and making fair deals, not to mention helping to make sure elderly homeowners have someplace welcoming to live once they choose to sell their house. Roberta has developed cozy housing communities in North Georgia, and now lives in East Atlanta.
"Coming from a small town it was tough to dream big. When I grew up in a small town in Georgia, my biggest dream was one day to be able to go to Atlanta."
- Herschel Walker
Choose us because we always:
- Operate with honesty and integrity.
- Keep our promises.
- Offer you a fair, cash price for your property.
- Help you with cleanup and move-out assistance if needed.
- Work to strengthen Atlanta’s neighborhoods.
- Give a percentage of our profits to charities that support families and pathways to housing, including Nicholas House, Focused Community Strategies, and Atlanta Habitat for Humanity.
Choose us because we never:
- Harass you or your loved ones with phone calls.
- Flood your mailbox with letters or cards.
- Take advantage of you or your family members.
- Offer you anything less than a fair price for your property.
- Charge you a real estate commission.
- Trespass on your property.
- Pretend to be anyone we are not.
For Homeowners and Family Members
If you are:
- Behind on your mortgage payments or property taxes.
- Being threatened with foreclosure.
- Worried about losing your property to the bank or the county.
- Frustrated because the bank won’t work with you to restructure your loan.
- Looking to get out from under your mortgage, taxes, or other debt on your home—and fast.
- Burdened with a property that you don’t have the time, money, or interest to keep up.
- Interested in helping a family member deal with any of these issues—quickly, easily, and fairly.
Call us for help. We work with homeowners on a range of solutions to help you address these and other issues.
Our Purchasing Criteria
We buy and sell single- and multi-family houses, apartment buildings, and vacant lots that:
- Are located in metro Atlanta, with an emphasis on intown neighborhoods.
- Have clear title.
- Need minor cosmetic work, modest renovation, or full rehabilitation.
- Can contribute to stronger, healthier communities.
Whether you contact us directly (email@example.com, 404-948-5210) about selling your house or we respond to your listing, the process generally looks like this:
- Initial Discussion - We talk with you or your representative to learn more about the property and your unique situation.
- Property Visit - With permission from you or your representative, we visit the property, usually with our builder, Matt Clark of Landmark Builders. This assessment allows us to see the condition of the house and any other structures, and is essential to determining a fair price.
- Written Offer - We provide you with a written offer for your property, taking into account its condition, the neighborhood, recent comparable sales, and any circumstances like paying off your mortgage, property tax bill, or other debt.
- Purchase and Sale Agreement - If you accept our offer, we finalize the sales contract.
- Paperwork - We contact the closing attorney’s office to have them conduct a title search and prepare the necessary documents for the sale, generally within 14 days.
- Closing - You or your representative can attend the sales closing in person or, in some cases, can sign the paperwork remotely and have the funds wired into the account of your choosing.
Check out our current listings and
let us know if you have any
Buyer’s agents protected at 2.5%
(sorry sellers’ agents, we’re good).
We are open to deals with investors who are committed to transparency and integrity in the process. We buy houses in any condition and believe that investors working together can play a key role in improving Atlanta’s communities.